Job Description: Human Resource Manager
Location: San Diego, CA
Reports to: Senior Director of Finance & Administration
Compensation: starting salary at $58,240/year
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental/vision, retirement,
generous paid time off (PTO) hours, internet stipend and professional development stipend
Founded in 1999, Outdoor Outreach (OO) is an energetic and innovative San Diego-based nonprofit organization that connects youth to the transformative power of the outdoors. We use outdoor recreation and education to promote youth leadership, health and wellness, civic engagement, and environmental conservation. The majority of our youth participants come from communities that do not have a strong connection to our region’s parks, beaches and open-space areas. Our vision is that youth everywhere will be inspired by the outdoors to play, learn, serve, and share.
The Human Resource Manager manages and advances the organization’s human resource and office administration functions. This position partners with executive leadership to understand and execute the Organization’s human resource and talent strategy, as well as cultivate consistent employee culture.
- Manages the employee life cycle including full cycle recruitment, benefits programs, termination and leave programs.
- Advance learning and development programs, as well as initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees, including performance management processes
- Maintain integrity of HRIS database and ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll
- Provides support and guidance to staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Manage office administrative functions including Board of Director communication, service provider relationships, travel program and office resource systems
- Support with daily accounting operations as needed
This job operates in an open office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copier, and filing cabinets. Reasonable accommodations and adaptations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
- Minimum of 21 years of age;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- 3+ years related work experience or equivalent combination;
- Competency with ADP or other HRIS software;
- Competency with Quickbooks or other accounting software preferred;
- Competency with computer skills – G Suite, MS Office;
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check, TB test, and drug screen. Criminal history record infractions will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Strength in Execution
- Relationship Building
- Ethical Conduct
- Technical Capacity