Job Description: Grants Manager
Location: San Diego, CA
Schedule: Full-time, occasional evening & weekends may be required
Reports to: Senior Director of Development
Compensation: $54,080 – $70,304 salary rate
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental/vision, retirement, generous paid time off (PTO) hours and professional development stipend
Founded in 1999, Outdoor Outreach (OO) is an energetic and innovative San Diego-based nonprofit organization that connects youth to the transformative power of the outdoors. We use outdoor recreation and education to promote youth leadership, health and wellness, civic engagement, and environmental conservation. The majority of our youth participants come from communities that do not have a strong connection to our region's parks, beaches and open-space areas. Our vision is that youth everywhere will be inspired by the outdoors to play, learn, serve, and share.
The Grants Manager informs and executes on a comprehensive grants development strategy, including grants from foundation, corporate, government, and civic sources. The Grants Manager will be responsible for the organization’s grant administration process, including the submission of 80+ grant proposals and reports annually, budget development, prospect identification, and managing a portfolio of institutional relationships.
- Optimize and execute the organization’s grant administration process and strategy, collaborating closely with the Senior Director of Development and Executive Director
- Generate and submit grant proposals that communicate the organization’s mission, programs, and needs
- Prepare grant reports and collaborate with team members to coordinate financial and programmatic reporting
- Maintain grant funding revenue projections and support budget development
- Establish and maintain relationships with program officers, foundation and corporate partners, and stakeholders
- Write and provide copy for donor/constituent communications as well as marketing pieces
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This job operates in an open office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copier, filing cabinets and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations and adaptations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
- Minimum of 21 years of age;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- 2-3 years experience in grant writing, with a proven track record of success;
- Competent in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising;
- Competent in establishing and cultivating strong relationships, both across different levels of the organization and externally;
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check and drug screen. Criminal history record infractions will be considered on a case by case basis.
Critical Success Factors
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements
- Motivation to learn new things and take on new challenges
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Collaborative mindset
- Ethical conduct
This Job Summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not meant to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required by this job classification.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Writing samples preferred. Inquiries will be accepted until position is filled.